Thursday, April 17, 2008

Now What?

Well Pro-Choice Oklahoma, we've taken one on the chin again. The anti's have figured out that, given time, we can organize and be as strong as them. That's why within a matter of 13 hours, the veto was already back in the senate and house for an override attempt. This cruel bill is going to become law November 2008.

With six weeks left of the 2007-2008 legislative session, we can't afford to pass anymore anti-choice, anti-woman bills. My grandfather always told me "When the going gets tough, the tough get going". I have two daughters and yes, I'm teaching them how to protect themselves from unintended pregnancy; I'm teaching them that their vote is extremely important; and I'm teaching them how to fight untill the bitter end for their rights as women.

Please talk to others. Educate and advocate the challenges we face in Oklahoma regarding reproductive health. And for pete's sake keep up the good fight!

No comments: